I had a new well drilled last year, 330 feet, and it has sat while my new house was under construction. The water has always been crystal clear. When the house was completed last week, I was told to shock the well with bleach before using the water. I dumped a gallon down the pipe as instructed.

The next day, after letting the water run for a couple of hours, the water coming out was orange-brown in colour. It has been running orange-brown for the past 4 days. Is this normal after dumping bleach, and how long should it last? Any help is appreciated!