Basement Bathroom Reno

Users who are viewing this thread

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
I'm planning a renovation of an existing basement bathroom, it currently has a small sink on a vanity, and a toilet. I would like to add a bath tub to the bathroom, and will need to rework the existing drain and vent system.

The image below shows how I'd like to orient things, so I will be moving the sink and toilet away from the wall that separates the utility room and bathroom, to make room for the bathtub.

Each dark pink dot, shows where I would like to run a vertical vent for the sink, toilet, and bath tub. Then I will combine them and tie them into the existing vent, for the ejector pump (my sewer line is 1 foot from the slab grade).

Does this seem kosher? Or would there be a better way to route the vents and/or drain? The ejector pump pit is existing, and most likely has a 3" line running to it left-to-right in the image, straight to where the toilet shows up in the picture. I haven't jack hammered out the concrete yet.

40369101.jpg

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
Oh, and just to clarify, where the tub meets the main drain, I'd be using a wye with a 45* elbow on it, not a T.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Y

If your dimensions are anywhere near accurate, you will be using a "Y" heading towards the "P" trap with the vent combo where it passes under the wall.

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
40369101.jpg

More like this for the drain away from the sink, I don't know why I tried to draw that with it tying into the closet bend... :rolleyes:

Does this look alright? I need to add a floor drain as well, there isn't one currently, I would like to put it where the yellow dot is...

Does the floor drain need a vent as well, I know it needs a trap?

Can I connect vents together with Ts on their sides? Or should I make it so that there is only wyes?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks