Can the pump be lubricated?

Users who are viewing this thread

stra8up3

Reaction score
I have gotten the well pump and motor out of the ground and had to buy a new moter. The pump seems dry. Is there any way to lubricate it??

stra8up3

Reaction score
so is it normal for it to feel a bit dry when I turn the shaft with my fingers?

Speedbump

Reaction score
I know you are short on cash, but a new pump isn't but a few bucks more than a new motor by itself. And with planned obsolescence in full bloom, you may be pulling it back out sooner than you think.

stra8up3

Reaction score
well maybe i had not explained before that when i had bought the new "motor" I had thought that I had bought the works. I did not realize at the time I purchased it that it was only half. so any ways the "pump" part of it after being tested is no good. so, I have since acquired another set up, pump & moter, after tested does work, but now it seems to me.... that the piping is the wrong size... bigger then what the new system was made for.

stra8up3

Reaction score
Franklin.... the first i bought on line **** the second from a friend of a friend

Speedbump

Reaction score
You can use 1" or 1-1/4". It doesn't matter. You can buy a bushing to put in the top of the pump so the one inch will fit.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks