(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two Valves - One Zone - Power Short

Irrigation Contractor Fireguy97's Avatar

Yeah, that could be an option. But why install an Add-A-Zone unit at $91.33 when you could install a new clock at $100.77? The wiring is already installed. With the new clock, Duke will also have the option of adding two more additional zones if he has the need in the future. For a differance of only $9.44 it's a no-brainer.

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Ad...add-a-zone.htm

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Si...rd-p/8309c.htm

Mick

Hi Mick,

You are right on, on replacing the control box for $100.00. Thanks for the info on this. That will likely be my option as I will probably skip the add a zone.

As for the flow rates, I have no idea what they are. Combinding zone 1 with 2, I would only be adding two 4" spray heads. To me it is kind of stupid that they made two valves for that in the first place.

Spray Head:
    http://www.*********.com/Plumbing/h_...atalogId=10053

I really like my nelson controller box. Its a good piece of hardware.

Thank you very much for your help.

Josh

You are welcome Duke!

You wouldn't need to know flow rates unless you wanted to combine zones. For example if you combined zones 2 & 3 and placed both zone wires on the zone 2 contact point in the clock. Then both zones would have cone on at the same time and both would have tried to use the water for the zones. If you are going with the new clock, then each zone will be able to activate on it's own, at it's own time.

Every client of mine that has had a Nelson clock, has loved them. I've had customers that I've installed Nelson's here in their cottages and summer homes, and have gone back and ordered a Nelson for their city home. I've had clients call me and been asked to talk to their irrigation contractor in their city to tell them what to order for them. Some of those contractors have called me back to tell me how much they liked installing and programming the Nelson clocks. A lot of people only buy parts from one supplier. I have three suppliers here, that represent Signature (Nelson), Toro, K-Rain, Irritrol, and Rain-Bird. I buy parts for my jobs that fit my jobs, I mix and match manufacturers to fit needs of my clients. Heads are one of three brands depending on what type of install it is, valves are another, and the clock is always Nelson.

Mick

Hi Guys,

I went ahead and purchased the 9 zone signature controller and everything works great.

Glad to hear that it worked out for you Duke.

Mick