AC Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

xfalcon

Reaction score
Hello, i have two problems, My Ac unit in my attic will not drain properly due to a clog in the 90 of the pvc pipe comming out of the unit(can't reach in to cut pvc). i was told to blow compressed air into the outlet(drain side, outside unit), but don't want it going farther into the unit.
since its plugged the water is comming out of the corner of the unit in to the overflow pan..

Also where can i get a emergency overflow pan?
im in Dallas TX, for anyone in the area.
i found a bigger pan but i'd like the same size as what is on it.

it is 25" x 54"

all i can find is 30" x 60"

thank you in advance for any help
Xfalcon

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
Can you snake it, with flexible tubing or a coat hanger wire?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Overflow pans are site-built by the installer. DO NOT blow back from the outside, and DO NOT do this with compressed air. That is dangerous with plastic pipe. A CO2 Gallo gun is safer, and you need to just get up there and cut the plastic pipe as necessary to do this, then rebuild

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
water

Blow from the outside. The water will only back up into the pan a little ways and then start draining. You will NEVER exceed the pressure rating of the PVC with compressed air, unless it is already severely plugged, and in that case it will not respond to ANY cleaning and will need replacement, (but this is such a rare condition that you do not even have to consider it at this time). But, you do not need compressed air, all you need is a tight fitting hose that you can blow into. You already have the excess water coming out of the unit so a little more is not going to change anything.

Last edited:

geno54

Reaction score
If you are able to get to the end of the condensate line from the outside, then get a vacuum cleaner and suck it out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks