Grohe Shower head installation question

Users who are viewing this thread

FlynHokie

Reaction score
I just installed the shower fixtures (grohe eurosmart) in our new tile shower.

The little circle trim piece that goes around the shower downspout doesn't remain flush against the tile. Should I silicon it inplace, or is there another way to keep it flush?

Thanks much.

Doherty Plumbing

Journeyman & Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Any suggestions out there? Thanks much :)

How much is it out? If it's just a little bit I wouldn't do anything about it and if I did I'd probably just use some clear silicone.

If you want to stick the escutcheon to the tile then use some Dapp! But use it sparingly as it's very tacky and on tiles sometimes it can be tough get get completely off.

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
Or just take the pipe back out, bend the escutcheon tabs back down so the pipe has to force it's way in and "tape and dope" the threads and screw it back in.

FlynHokie

Reaction score
It rests about 1/8" off tile, unless I hold it against tile. I never noticed tabbs. I'll look at that prior to silicon or Dapp.

thanks much y'all! Bathroom is nearly done. Toilet flange instal today, counter/sink & light install today. shower door on Tuesday, then when I get home on Friday, medicine cabinet, towell racks and toilet paper holder, and Finished! WOOT!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Many of those trim pieces come with little tabs that fit against the pipe to give a little friction that holds it in place.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks