Shower water runs out when opened

Users who are viewing this thread

nancymarie5

Reaction score
How do I fix this problem-after showering and opening shower door, water runs out of track onto floor, carpet, etc? This is a new condo with a brand new shower door.
Thanks.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Is the door installed correctly. In the ones I've seen the track drain is installed towards the inside of the shower.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
With no more information than you have given us, I would agree that the track was installed inside out. The track should drain into the tub.

nancymarie5

Reaction score
HJ,

Yes, it is an independent shower, and the water collects in the track. When I open the door, all the water collected runs out onto the floor or bathmat. Should the track be adjusted up, down, or what if it was totally closed off?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
track

It may just have to be relocated so the hinged end is lower when the door is open so the water drains back into the shower. Right now it may be the opposite way, or the door may be out of plumb so the water drains the wrong way when it opens.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
One thing to consider also is they may have made the curb either without any pitch to the inside of the shower, or, it could be level or tiled out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks