9 web 80 nnb

Users who are viewing this thread

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone know what 9WEB and 80NNB means? It's apparently the location of my curb box.

Thanks,
Jason

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
box

It could mean 9' W of the East properly line and 80' N of the north property line, but without knowing how your property is oriented it is just a guess.

Lakee911

Reaction score
That seems like a reasonable explanation, but I don't think that would even be close to where it's located. :( The main line runs along or just north of my property line. So, 80' N. of that would be way far away and probably underneith the house of someone else.

Do you think that 9WEB is "9' from west edge of building"? That might make more sense. Dunno about NNB though. :(

It's supposidly the location of my natural gas curb box, but when I went digging around where the utility marking service said it was, it wasn't there.

Jason

Rmelo99

Network Engineer
Reaction score
Those could be coordinates or grid markings on a gas company map that have nothing to do with reference points or even ft or inches.

I would have them mark the lines (saw your other post, so re-mark the lines) rather than have them give you numbers telling you where it is.

Lakee911

Reaction score
I got a call from the utility marking lady and she told me that it's 80ft North of the North edge of the building and 9ft West of the east edge of the building. Seems like that's about what was marked.

What's odd, though, is the line enters the house about 4ft to 5ft west of that location. In other words if I draw a perpendicular from the house where the meter is, the line is 4ft to 5ft away from that location.

She told me she used a metal detector and didn't find the curb box. She agreed that they wouldn't have removed the curb box when the line was sleeved about 10 years ago (especially since it was done by a private contractor at the time).

I'm probably going to have to do a lot more digging to find this mo fo. :(

Thx
Jason

Lakee911

Reaction score
I relocate that portion of it where it would otherwise be under the foundation for my garage.

Lakee911

Reaction score
Awe c'mon ... I come around once in blue moon anymore ... I've got a lot of catching up to do! :)

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
box

quote;
I relocate that portion of it where it would otherwise be under the foundation for my garage.

Good luck. Around here that would be an automatic $10,000.00 fine, because that portion is the property of the gas company and YOU would NOT be permitted to do ANYTHING to it. If it has to be relocated YOU CALL the utility and have them move it.
progress.gif

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks