Tri Polymer Sealant for Shower Door

Users who are viewing this thread

roegs

Reaction score
After too many frustrating years with silicone caulk, I've finally come up with some pretty good alternatives. For sealing between the tile walls and tub, its hard to beat Polyseam Seal. The more I use it, the more I like it. Easy on and easy cleanup. After about a month of use, it really becomes quite hard and seems to provide just enough flex to handle expansion / contraction that occurs in our showers between seasons.

For shower doors, I started using Geocel Tri Polymer sealant. If you have nver used it before, this is some tough stuff. Its been used in roofing applications for years, and its held up on my RV exterior for many seasons. I did our main shower about 6 months ago, and did the second one this past weekend. The main downside is odor. It has a definate solvent smell, and should only be used in well ventilated areas. I made the mistake of doing the first bath in the winter, and the house smelled for 3-4 days. I made sure the next job would be in the summer. So far, the first 6 months have been great for this sealant, and it still looks brand new. Its mildew resistant, and can even be applied on wet surfaces. Now for my question, has anyone else ever tried this for shower applications? I understand that its rated for outdoor use, but so far its sure working well in our shower.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks