PH Neutralizer

Users who are viewing this thread

Dan_Cef

Reaction score
I have an old soda ash solution ph neutralizer. It is basically a tank filled with a solution of soda ash and water. The tank has a pump on top that kicks on when my well pump kicks on. The solution is pumped from the tank, through a plastic tube, and into my main copper water line before the bladder tank. The level in the tank hasn’t gone down in a while, telling me that something is not working correctly. I can hear the pump running and when I disconnect the tube, it is able to pump the solution all the way through it (holding the tube in the air at a height of 8’). Could it be that the pump on the tank is not producing enough pressure to inject the water into my main water line? Also, there is a small plastic piece connecting the tube from the solution tank, to my copper pipe. What is this piece, and could it be faulty? Are there any special priming procedures that need to be done when hooking the tube back up to this plastic piece? I have just been letting the tube fill and then quickly pushing it on to the plastic piece and tightening. Any help diagnosing the problem would be appreciated. If you need more info, let me know,

Thanks,
Dan

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
For the last 20 yrs I have refused to sell solution feeders because of this and other inherent problems. I think the 8' is too high but, in that plastic fitting on the water line, there is a check ball valve, they stick preventing the solution pump from being able to inject solution through it.

So you have to remove and clean it if possible, or replace it with a new one after shutting off your water and bleeding off the pressure.

It kinda sounds as if you don't have a retention tank, or the plumbing wouldn't be up at the 8' ceiling.

There are check valves in the pump too and you should be able to buy a rebuild kit for you brand feeder (like Chem Tech is it). Or your style of injection system doesn't have any because it squeezes the tubing to move the solution.

Dan_Cef

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I thought it may be a check valve. Is this a common part I could buy at HD/Lowes or will I have to go to a plumbing supply store?
Also, just to clear up what I said, the connection is not 8' above the floor. I disconnected the tube and held the tube up with my hand while the pump was running and it was able to pump the water to the top of the tube. I just wanted to see if the pump was actually working. I will take a look at the valve. Thanks again

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks