Ultramax vs. Drake flushing difference

Users who are viewing this thread

ldavisfl

Reaction score
I have an Ultramax one-piece in my bathroom. I've had this toilet for years. I just installed a Drake into a new bathroom I added on. As my new Drake has the GMax flushing system, I expected it to flush about the same way as my UltraMax. That is, I expected the same distinctive 3-second (a bit loud) flush as my UltraMax. However, the Drake is flushing lazily relative to the UltraMax. The water definitely goes out once the siphon starts but it isn't quite the rapid bowl evacuation seen in my UltraMax.

My question is, should these toilets flush essentially the same way? If they should, then I am thinking maybe there is some construction material just past the flange or perhaps a sewer line venting issue.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks