newly reconnected well problems

Users who are viewing this thread

kfh1963

Reaction score
we just reconnected service to a well that has been shut off since 2006. At first we got sand and dirt coming out of well(in tub, sink and toilets)water ran all through house for about a hour, was trying to clear it up....then water stopped completely. We figured the screen at bottom got clogged so we shut off water to house and kept tapping well (pump was still running, got 60 pds of pressure)eventually we would get water out of spicket at well, would run water for about 1/2 hour then no more water....

we havent moved in yet so when we get out there we have water all throughout the house(it has cleared up pretty good)but after about a half hour....no more water. Pump is still working. could someone please give me any suggestions of what i can do. Got one more week before i have to move.

oh its a submesible pump that was put in in 2000.

thankyou

desperate and anxiously waiting

Upper

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
kfh,there are lots of questions to be answered.But being time is of importance,a service call from a pro will get you in the house or shy you away. Upper

kfh1963

Reaction score
thankyou for replying so quickly...the system was put in in 2000. i pulled the permits from the county and know its a new system. The neighbors whose well is right next to ours does not have any problems so hopefully its not a water level problem. the pipe going into the ground(the well?)is metal. I think that answers your other question...not sure. but i will call the health department first thing tomorrow to find out about the logs. This is a used mobile home that i bought and set up and making payments for the land.
I had all new pvc to mobile home put in. I have literally spent my last dime to get this home set up for me and my children. Sigh if i had the money truly i would call someone out to look at it. I will let you know what the logs say. Thankyou

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
The log isn't going to tell you what you need to know, all the info on it is form when the well was 'drilled'.

It sounds as if you ran the well dry. That is not good for the pump, so when you get no water, shut the power to the pump off, wait 30 minutes and try again. If you get water, you ran too much the first time and the water level fell to the inlet of the pump. The pump keeps running until it get too hot and the thermal overload opens shutting it off. Too much of that and it ruins the pump. That proves you have a low producing well and you'll have to use water conservation.

When water sits, like for weeks months or years, it gets 'dirty' because of iron etc. so it's normal until you pump out the dirty water and it gets clear. Clear doesn't mean it is safe to drink and cook with. Or that iron in it won't cause rust stains and orange water at times, or that the water isn't hard etc..

You should have at least iron, hardness, pH, nitrates, nitrites, Coliform bacteria and if possible, manganese tests done on the water. Then post the results.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks