10" rough-in question

Users who are viewing this thread

Kalaran

Reaction score
Greetings,

Just picked up an old house (built in 1979) with roughly 10" rough-ins.

I am having trouble understanding the Toto unifit adaptor. I figured it was an adjustable adaptor that allows you to slide it in or out to adjust the distance your toilet sits from the hole so you can fit a toilet built for a 12" rough-in where you only have space for a 10".

Then I read the description on some of the toilets. For instance, I decided to go with the MS874114SG. Every description I find says it comes with a 12" unifit adaptor.... BUT, 10" or 14" adaptors are available. To me, this indicates that I need to buy a 10" adaptor along with the toilet - not that the included 12" adaptor can be adjusted. I don't know what the answer is. "Unifit" seems to indicate that one adaptor fits all rough-ins. But it sounds like you maybe need to actually buy different adaptors for different roughins.

I really dont know what I need to do.

I am getting so confused looking at this stuff that I cant decide whether the 12" roughin toilet would even fit my 10" roughin with the unifit adaptor.

Can anyone explain this to me and tell me what I need to buy to put the MS874114SG in my 10" roughin bathroom?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You need to throw away the 12" adapter that comes with it and buy a 10" one. Kind of a pain that you can't exchange it, but that's the way it is.

unifit_choice.jpg

Kalaran

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick and costly answer. They sure charge a lot for those things. Stupid that you can't just choose which one you want.

Anyway!

Any advice on my selection? I have it narrowed to three options (ordered by cost, low to high):

2x Gerber Ultraflush 21-317 with 2x Toto Elongated softclose seats (ADA, elongated, 10" roughin, UltraFlush)

2x Toto MS874114SG with 2x 10" unifit adaptors (CEFIONTECT, elongated, 1 piece, g-max)

2x Toto MS974224CEFG with 2x 10" unifit adaptors (CEFIONTECT, elongated, 1 piece, dual cyclone)
https://terrylove.com/pdf/ms974224cefg.pdf

I am already way above what I wanted to spend on these things, but assuming I'm going to choose from these three, what are some experienced thoughts on the various differences/options?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I'd probably go with the Eco Guinevere.
The double cyclone flush is supposed to do a great job of bowl wash.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks