10" Rough-in with Dual Flush?

Users who are viewing this thread

philk

Reaction score
Do there exist toilets with ten-inch rough-in and dual flush?

The space requires a compact toilet with a 10" rough-in. I would like to have a reliably flushing, water-efficient toilet with the dual flush feature. I have yet to find anything with that combination of features.

Phil K.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Caroma makes a dual flush that has a swivel adapter that let's you install between 10" and 12"

caroma_adapter.jpg

The 270 bowl uses an offset adapter so you can adjust the rough-in from 12" to 10"

caroma_270_underneath.jpg

Underneath the Caroma 270 bowl.

sydney_on_tile.jpg

Last edited:

philk

Reaction score
Follow-up questions

Thank you for the possible answer.

I had eliminated Caroma from my search because the claim that "one size fits all" usually means it fits none.

Since there are no other candidates, I guess I will reconsider. I can imagine that a "swivel adaptor" might enable connection to a waste pipe over a range of rough-in distances. But what about the holes for the bolts that hold the bowl part to the floor? I find myself suspecting I will have to make new bolt holes at possibly very inconvenient locations.

Also, what is the exact criterion for measuring the "length" ("overall length"?) of a toilet? The front of the bowl of the current toilet is 27 5/8 inches from the wall. The opposing cabinet door barely clears this now. The Caroma claims a length of 28 3/8 inches. Are we talking about furthest distance from any part to the back wall? If so, then measured under what "rough-in" distance?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks