Restrictions in Pex Modular Home

Users who are viewing this thread

Bill3888

Reaction score
Hi - Looking for advise on a manufactered home I own. The water flow suddenly decreased on all facets and was especially noticable on outside spigots. The water company checked the pressure and said it was fine- Talked with a plumber and was told the meters in the area were known to have problems - The water company checked the meter and found plastic in it - replaced the meter but flow was still low at house. The water co. decided to replace the line from the main to the meter. In doing so they broke the line. When replaced the house lines were full of dirt and some gravel. They now say it's my problem and call my own plumber. I think it's their problem since their meter evidently contaminated some of the lines in the house with plastic and now dirt and gravel! They never should have reconnected the meter to the house line until they purged the dirt and gravel. Any advice on how to clear the lines and what to do with the "city" water company would be welcome. Lines are pex. Thanks !!!!

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Well, I suppose the best thing to do would be to call your plumber and send the bill to the city. They will, of course reject it and then you will have to get a lawyer and that will cost way more than getting the plumber did and the lawyer will probably just tell you to pay the bill so in the end maybe just calling the plumber in the first place may have been the right way to go. Or, you could shut off the water, remove all the valve stems in the house, including the showers and the line run to the dishwasher and ice maker and such and then slowly turn the water back on and flush all the lines. Might be easier to call a plumber though.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks