Delta 600 series copper tubes

Users who are viewing this thread

tamlig

Reaction score
The 3 small copper tubes that connect the mixing chamber and the valve are leaking. Has anyone ever replaced these tubes? I imagine someone would need a powerful torch.

I know the best thing to do would be to replace the valve, but I'd have to cut up a wall since there is no access door.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tubes

I have done many of them, even for other plumbers who have damaged the tubes. IT can be a daunting job, and not one I would recommend for a DIYer. One possible glitch would be if you have the "small block" body with the bottom center tube which has an offset in it. That requires a small tubing bender and great patience to get it right.

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
Torching those tubes would be just as time consuming maybe more than changing the valve out. The valve can be replaced without access from the wall. Become one with the sawzall.

meditate_on_nothing.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

I would like to see you change a valve installed with galvanized piping through the opening in the tile. Even one with male adapters can require more than that to remove it, even though a direct sweat one could be inserted using just the opening in the tile.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks