Help ID faucet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike S

Reaction score
I am trying to identify a faucet valve assembly that I think is a Price Pfister. I called Price Pfister and sent them these pictures as they requested but customer person says it isn't their product. I am pretty sure the faucet is Price Pfister but I am not sure enough to proceed.

It has some markings on that show P-P+ on one side and USA on the other side cast into the valve assembly. It is about 5 inches long.

House was made about 20 years ago and I can't remember replaceing it before. Faucet is in a bathroom sink with a wideset 8 inch spaceing with two small hoses connecting valves to spout. Rubber replacement washers say for Price Pfister and replacement small hoses say for Price Pfister.

Anyone here know if this is Price Pfister?

Thanks for any help.
Mike

Attachments

• mike's 001.jpg
    mike's 001.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 921
  • mike's 003.jpg
    mike's 003.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 738

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Pp

It is Price Pfister. What is your question about it? The stems and seats are readily available almost anywhere PP parts are sold. Price Pfister has changed their wide spread design several times since that one, which is why the customer service people do not recognize it. Give them fixture #49-221, I believe that was a compression stem model, and see if they have the parts breakdown for it.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
If you flipped over the body in pic.1, you see the letters PP. Price Pfister.

The part that is sometimes hard to find in the box stores is that little red cap gasket. It is also tricky to get that gasket to seat.

All in all, this is totally repairalble...a kit will have the stem O-ring, the 00 washer, screw, standard PP lav brass seat, and the red gasket. Be careful not to twist or kink the tubes under the counter which connect the hot and cold to the spout.

I never liked these, but it is repairable. BUT , since you have already taken it out, I would no put it back! By the time you get new handle parts, find a new tee fitting or gaskets for it, etc. you will have spend a bundle and still have an old faucet which will need this overhaul every few years. Why not spring for a new one??

Mike S

Reaction score
Thank you for the replys. That is the information I was looking for.

I want to replace the whole valve assembly. I took the old one out and brought it to the place I bought it; they didn't have it but said to call PP and it was warranteed. I needed some trim parts for another shower faucet so I called them. I order the trim parts and paid with a credit card but haven't see them. And it seemed like the guy I was dealing with wasn't interested in IDing the faucet or didn't know how and now won't reply. So I would like to take this information and first order the valve and also see if they would like to talk to me about their service. Cost is a secondary factor now as I have the part number and can find the parts but I would like to try to help them with their customer service relations. I realize the faucet is old but I expained that to them when I asked them to try again. The level of "service" I have gotten here is what they should be aiming for.

Thanks again,
Mike.

Mike S

Reaction score
Jimbo,

I replyed over you. You are exactly right the letters are on the other side and the hoses do tend to rap up; I intend to purchase the hoses too. I probably will try to replace the whole valve assemble or spend a little more and replace the entire faucet. Right now it seems the chrome cross handles are not available in the store I looked at so replaceing the valve assembly may be the best option. I will see though.

You have a great site; I feel bad I seem to only take and have nothing to give.

Thanks,
Mike

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Pp

My experience with PP when something like this happened, was that they sent a new current model faucet to replace it. But it may depend on WHY you want to replace the entire module.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks