Corner tub faucet and handle placement

Users who are viewing this thread

tskruse1954

Reaction score
I am installing a corner tub. Is it feasable to have the handles at one end in the tile deck and the filler spout in the back corner seperated about 5 feet? What are the issues, if any, I will face?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Shouldn't be a problem. Keep in mind that the outlet of the spout must be above the rim of the tub so no bathwater could get sucked into the potable water pipes if it ever got that high (it would flow onto the floor rather than pollute the potable water supply). The only thing is sloping it so you don't end up with standing water in it after you turn the valves off. That isn't absolutely required, but you'll end up with a cold shot out the spout each time you turn the thing on if it can't drain in between.

tskruse1954

Reaction score
Thanks. So with this kind of installation it doesn't matter if the pieces are seperated by the distance. Would I need to us ridgid pipe or is Pex OK.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If there was a shower involved, you would want to hard pipe it. Assuming the tub spout is deck mounted and anchored well, you might be able to use pex, but it probably isn't designed for it. Too many adapters, and you have an opening for a leak...I think I'd solder the connections there if possible.

If the tub is large, keep in mind that 1/2" pex (if that's what you used) is smaller inside than 1/2" copper, and it could limit the flow depending on the valve you select. 3/4" pex is only a little larger ID than 1/2" copper.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks