Grohe Faucet Question

Users who are viewing this thread

plumbing newbee

Reaction score
Hello,
We have Grohe wideset faucets in our bathroom. The water pressure on the hot side is great, but on the cold side its very low....I imagine there is a "clog" somewhere on the cold side, and wonder if anyone out there has had a similiar problem and could give advice on where to look...
Thanks to all who respond!

Plumguy

Reaction score
Is this problem affecting other fixtures? You mentioned "faucets" , I wonder if a valve feeding the bath is not fully open.

plumbing newbee

Reaction score
No, just this one faucet. Grohe shows an exploded view of the faucet on their website, but its hard to see if there are any filters that might be clogged...Cold and hot have separate handles, but feed into one common spout..I'm just now sure where to start looking for a clog...and of course everything is hard to get to under the sink...

Plumguy

Reaction score
Since it is a widespread I would start looking under the sink at the stainless steel braided hoses that Grohe provides. Sometimes they can have a kink in them that will affect flow. Do a thourough check under there before pulling anything apart.

plumbing newbee

Reaction score
No kinks in the lines....cold water flow is really low, despite great flow/pressure everywhere else. To be specific, this is a Grohe Talia lavatory wideset (20-892). What I would like to understand is the actual path of the water, and are there any filters? I will disconnect the cold water supply and check for clogs at there. After that, does it make sense to try to disassemble the handset (which is easy to get to)? Is there a filter and/or cartridge there that could be clogged? I have the Grohe exploded view...but just not clear to me what the path of the water is, and where the obstacles are!
Thnaks very much.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Some of the Grohe faucets come with a brass screen on the inputs. If yours does, it could be clogged with debris. If you remove the supply line from the shutoff, make sure you get a good volume out of it, too. It could be the shutoff.

plumbing newbee

Reaction score
Follow-up: I disconnected the cold water supply and the small hose connecting to the cold water faucet--no clogs or kinks. Does anyone know if it makes sense to take the faucet apart from above? Is it likely that a clog will be found there? I have outstanding water pressure coming in from below....and just a trickle of water coming out of the spout. Hot water side, which comes out of the same spout, is fine.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks