Water Sensor

Users who are viewing this thread

vman

Reaction score
Not sure what forum this would fall in. But does anyone use or recommend any "water sensor" that alerts you if your basement starts to flood or major collection of water?

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
There are probably kits to build these. And plenty of circuits for this on
http://www.electro-tech-online.com/

In principle you could hook one up to shut off your main water supply if water is detected but an electrically-operated shut off valve costs a half a kilobuck or so.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
For the cheapest option that does not give false alarms and leave your wife clueless as how to turn the water back on, I use one of these.

aquanot-alarm.gif

The simplest solution is often the best one.

Chris8796

Reaction score
I use the watercop system to stop plumbing leaks. Its expensive, but I like all the functionality. It's nice to have a switch at the top of the basement stairs to turn off all water, It also can connect to other security or control systems. I got mine after moving the laundry to the second floor and finishing the basement. The convincing thing was when my daughter propped a glass in the frig water dispenser and forgot it, then went to school for 8 hrs. Around the same time, I had a friend have a PRV fail and have 125 psi break a plastic part in the water softner and ruin his basement.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks