Want 45 psi at the tap

Users who are viewing this thread

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
Would I need a well pump that has a head of 3x32' = ~ 100'? Because 15 psi gives me ~32' so 3x this would give me 45 psi?
Assume the tap and pump is at the water level.

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
Are you looking at a single stage curve? Dunno'
What is the head and flow you need?
What's normal for city water? 6 GPM?

It occurs to me that for all the pump sizing advice I've ever given I didn't take into account what kind of pressure was desired at the tap, but neither did the OP spec'y it.

I guess for this I need the static pump pressure since the GPM is then equal to zero.

Last edited:

Speedbump

Reaction score
City water is different everywhere you go. Here in this county, 13 gpm seems to be the norm. That's what most of the sprinkler guys assume when doing a system for someone.

Doing the pressure at the tap would require a lot more math than I care to do. You have friction losses to take into account also.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks