replacing pressure tank

Users who are viewing this thread

jas2218

Reaction score
I am going to replace my current 19 year old, rusted, 20 gallon Well-x-trol tank with either a 44 or 62 gallon tank. I'm also want to replace the pressure switch, guage, check valve and all pipping. I found the tank and parts on line for half the price the local pump guy charges. Is this simple job? Just pull out what is there and replace with the new? I know I have to make sure the tank pressure is set 2 lbs lower, or at 38 lbs for a 40/60 switch. Other than that, what else should I be aware of? Thanks.

Teets

CT pump guy
Reaction score
Tank Change

First and foremost make sure that your breaker kills both legs of the breaker if it's 220. I've been bit before when a handy homeowner did a 110 to 220v conversion with a new pump. but used 2 110v breakers to power the pump and 1 of them didn't kill power when turned off. Other than that if you're handy with teflon tape, pipe dope, and soldering it shouldn't be too bad. Just make sure you hook up the new pressure switch like the old one was hooked up.:)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks