Drain / Vent Design

Users who are viewing this thread

GutJob598

Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^
It looks that way, but no. It's a house I bought that had a lot of problems that were covered up. It's turned into a total rehab that is in the process of bankrupting me. The bids I've gotten all range from $4k and up to do the plumbing, I can't afford it.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Dwv

You are asking us to design a complete DWV system for a two story house without even seeing the house? Sometimes conditions are such that even being there requires that we be creative. There is no way we could even begin to do it and even if we could there is also no way we could be certain that your finished product would look like what we designed. I had a friend who tried to do what you are for a simple bathroom in an addition. He got the proper drawing from the city building department, but when I went to make his connection to the existing plumbing it was so incorrect that I had to throw the whole thing away and start from scratch. But to HIS eyes, he had followed the drawing perfectly. I told him the inspector would have had to wait until he stopped laughing before he could write the red tag rejection. One thing I can tell you if your picture is correct, that right now you do NOT have anywhere to connect the upper bathroom into the piping, because ITS connection would have had to come out of the concrete separately from what you have for the basement.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
dwv_b2.jpg

Venting must be on the same floor,
You can't drop waste down the vent of a lower floor fixture.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks