Losing pressure at the tap

Users who are viewing this thread

Daveyboy

Reaction score
Hey there.
I have a 140 foot well with fracture at about 120, 6gpm when drilled (20 years ago).
Lately I've been losing pressure at the tap - especially when I run more than one tap at a time. Prior to this I have been able to run multiple taps (hose, kitchen, washing machine etc) at once but not anymore!
What's up? Is it my pressure tank, the pump, the well, the pumptec?

Any opinions or advice are appreciated!

Take it easy! and thanks!

Daveyboy

Reaction score
Yeah!
Pretty recently installed UV with a big white cylinder that I'll check right now!
I hope that's it, didn't think about it. You think it could make that much difference?

Daveyboy

Reaction score
Speedbump, you're my new hero! Stinky, iron-filled, slimy filter cartridge in that blue plastic case. We've been on the well for 10 years but the filtration is only 12 months old...Significantly longer than the recommended filter lifespan, I reckon.
Doh!

Speedbump

Reaction score
I would leave the cartridge out. That's all it's really doing is dropping your pressure. Those things don't filter enough of anything to do an ounce of good. The only type of filter that is worth anything for household use backwashes regularilly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks