pressure switch remote location?

Users who are viewing this thread

MarkHash

Reaction score
I am starting the living quarters in the back on my lake garage project and need to get the area cleared out. I want to move the pressure tank outside to the center of the lot which would put it next to the well casing connected in reverse fashion to a freeze-less water hydrant. I know this works since I did it for a while last fall. Since I have backfilled everything, electrically I can no longer have the pressure switch with the tank. I want to install the pressure switch in the garage near the breaker panel with a temporary 1/4" water line to it from where the well feed comes out of the slab in the garage, about 125' away from the well casing. I would probably use a 3/4" hose up to a reducer next to the pressure switch. I know this should work but is there anything I am missing here?

Waterwelldude

Well driller,pump repair. and septic installer
Reaction score
The pressure switch must go with the tank. If it is too far away, the switch will bounce, and will make short life of your pump. I don't like to put them more than about 3 or 4 feet away.

There is a small orifice that can be placed in the switch it self,but it does not always work.

Travis

Speedbump

Reaction score
And I might mention, the orifice Travis is talking about can make your switch plug up quickly with mneral. The orifice is called a pulsation plug.

If you leave the switch where you intend to, you won't like the result.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The only way is to put another smaller tank over with the pressure switch. However, both of these tanks will fill at different rates unless you have a Cycle Stop Valve.

MarkHash

Reaction score
I didn't want to but it looks like I better mount a two pole contactor at the breaker panel instead and remote control it from the pressure switch. I do have an extra UF cable buried that I can utilize for the coil voltage. Thanks.

Will a cycle stop valve stop those pesky cyclists from riding two abreast in the roadway? They seem to do everything else!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks