New third zone always radiates heat

Users who are viewing this thread

mainemom

Reaction score
I have a FHW system and recently added a 3rd zone on the second floor for a MB suite. The first floor has always had 2 zones. Each zone has it's own circulator pump and thermostat.

Some of the pipes on the second floor remain warm/hot even if I set the thermostat to the OFF position. I even disconnected the thermostat thinking it was faulty, but it didn't help. During the winter I kept the thermostat at 60and had to sleep with open windows (I'm in Maine). Now that the weather is warmer, I have the thermostat in the OFF position and there is still heat radiating from the pipes - enough to make the room very uncomfortable. The oil burner tech who installed the system doesn't think there is a problem.

I will appreciate any info which will give me a heads-up concerning the problem before I call in another technician.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Get another tech!

I think you need to install some check valves to prevent flow unless the specified circulator is on.

patsfan78

Web Development | HVAC
Reaction score
Website
www.hitechheat.com
New technition

There is clearly a problem, call a new service company.

I am just going to point out that oil companies like to sell oil. Ask around and find someone more reliable.

The is most likely something simple, such as incorrect wiring.

Mike
www.hitechheat.com
Home Heating Solutions

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks