Source for old oversized sink drain strainer assembly?

Users who are viewing this thread

al_roethlisberger

Reaction score
We have an old porcelain over iron drainboard kitchen sink, ca 1920, I believe an old American Standard. I can get the model if that is useful.

The two basin drain/strainer assemblies are very worn and damaged and I was looking to replace them, but have no luck.

They are slightly oversized from the typical 3.5" drain/strainer assemblies we see now. The throat diameter is 3.5", but the outside rim/flange diameter is 5". They are deep throated(probably a good 3 inches), although that doesn't matter to me as far as replacement.

My local plumber couldn't find a replacement, although I got the impression that he only did a cursory search of his stock on-hand and what our local supply house had. But I have to agree I've had a challenge finding any online via a casual search. One of the biggest challenges is that most online information for the drain/assemblies doesn't detail all dimensions.

So, does anyone have a part# or manufacturer to recommend? Surely these old sinks occasionally need new drains and there is a source somewhere??

Many thanks,
Al

al_roethlisberger@yahoo.com

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks