Vent pipe through the roof...

Users who are viewing this thread

hhcibtpaun

Reaction score
Quick question on the size of vent pipe I should run through my roof.

I have a basement bathroom with tub/shower, toilet, sink and bar sink. The bar sink has a grey water pump and there is an ejector pump. Pretty much everything is vented with 2" pipe, and all those go into a pre-existing 3" pipe that the builder had put in. This 3" pipe goes up 2 stories to the attic. Can I neck down the last 6 feet or so, to go through the roof with 2" pipe or should I stick with 3"?

Also, do I was planning on protruding through the roof about 12-18"...

So, 3" or 2" through the roof?

Thanks...Mike

Winslow

Plumber
Reaction score
you cannot reduce the vent, only increase. If you wanted it to be 2" then it needs to be 2" all the way. 12-18 inches sounds excessive. Depending on your local code it is usually less. UPC is 6" min but common practice here in hawaii is to vent thru the roof 10 inches.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks