Level a claw foot tub

Users who are viewing this thread

jamess

Reaction score
What is the best way to level a claw foottub?,without shiming. My floor is fairly level but my legs must not be the same.They are marked as to where they go and I have them on correctly there isn`t any adjustment they fit into a dovetail. Can you help? Thanks::confused:

D'Brie

Apprentice Plumber
Reaction score
What is the best way to level a claw foottub?,without shiming. My floor is fairly level but my legs must not be the same.They are marked as to where they go and I have them on correctly there isn`t any adjustment they fit into a dovetail. Can you help? Thanks::confused:

I recently installed a Victoria and Albert clawfoot. Like your tub the feet are dovetailed also. After adhering them to the tub I used a large (2" X 18") wood rasp. Wide and lots of control, I was able to level the tub nicely.

jamess

Reaction score
I recently installed a Victoria and Albert clawfoot. Like your tub the feet are dovetailed also. After adhering them to the tub I used a large (2" X 18") wood rasp. Wide and lots of control, I was able to level the tub nicely.

How did you adhere them? Mine have a screw that you tighten after you slide it into the dovetail,but they slightly wiggle when you try to move them and the top of the foot does not sit tightly on the tub there is a small gap. Is that where you adhered them?? I must not be smart cause I don`t get the wood rasp either:confused:

doc5md

Reaction score
Well, my tub has cast iron legs, so I don't think a wood rasp would have worked on them either. My legs also fit into the dovetail with a bit of play, but with the weight of the tub on them and the felt under the feet leveling it out, I have no play at all in it now. There wasn't any need to further adhere the feet to the tub. It is a FANTASTIC tub- very neat, very old.
Quinn

jamess

Reaction score

Thanks, This is a great web site:D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks