side sewer , lateral

Users who are viewing this thread

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
serious root problems at cracked terracota clay pipe. it,s excavated and will use missions and abs. some questions please. will roots penerate tight mission? will copper flashing wrapped outside mission stop roots? nice little flowering tree, hate to cut it!
thank,s in advance

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
roots

I have seen roots penetrate a Mission coupling, but your real root problem is all the other joints in the terra cotta pipe. The roots will penetrate those, which are every 5 feet or so, and probably already have.

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
thank.s h.j/

had it camered. rest looks trouble free. old sewer is from 1959.
got a good tip, i'll put sodium copper sulfate crystels at 2 mission joints,
that will stop roots at new joints. no other root problems. at ist i was ready to do 70ft of new pvc, but have nice exposed agrt. sidewalk above rest of line. bad section was in dirt. thank,s tool

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks