How to fill drywall gap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Sting88

Reaction score
I'm installing a new bathtub and had to bring one wall closer by sistering some new studs into the wall. After putting the Denshield on, I of course now have a gap at the edge of it and my old wall. I have some corner bead to go on the surface, but how should I fill this gap?

See photo!

Parry

Attachments

• P1140759.jpg
    P1140759.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 1,075

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
I'm not too good with drywall and such but I would've run the board 90* from what you did and stacked the sheets. That way the length would've been enough to reach the end of your wall.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
wall

Unless you are going to install an additional sheet of material over that one, you do not have the tub installed correctly. The tub goes against the studs and the wall material comes down against it and over the lip around the tub.

Sting88

Reaction score
The photo is decieving. The tub is against the studs. The tub has multiple lips which is what you're seeing.

Agu

Reaction score
Any gap like that will probably fail and show cracking in that humid environment no matter how you patch it. I'd pull off the drywall to the left to the nearest joint/corner and rerock to a flush joint.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Yup...rerock to the corner...the gap is to large...you could cut at the 2nd stud in , on ctr., and then run to the corner but for the trouble I would just do the whole end of the tub...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks