Recurring problem in 3 places

Users who are viewing this thread

trini

Reaction score
Our house is 30 years old (we have been living in it for 4). It is on a concrete slab. The problem we have had since we have been in the house is that sometimes the water from the washing machine backs up into the master bathroom and master toilet (the mud room is adjacent to the master suite.)

Also sometimes when the toilet is flushed it backs up into the bathroom leaving a huge smelly mess. To avoid this we simply do not use the master toilet but every time we run the washing machine you can hear the water bubbling up in the toilet and coming up in the bathroom.

We have had a plumbing service come and video the line (no huge problems were observed except for some leaves and some roots). They have also used a big machine several times which clears up the problem for a few months until the cycle starts again.

I know this is a money pit but I just want to get the problem solved so whenever we want to sell the house this does not deter potential buyers (we were foolish enough to buy the house so...:rolleyes:)

I appreciate any advice. Thanks!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
sewer

"Some leaves and some roots" can be the problem but without seeing a video DVD of the sewer we cannot tell for sure. But, if they are not the problem, and nothing else was visible with the camera, then the pipe itself is not the problem and snaking the line in the right location should cure it. Without knowing the real problem there is no way to predict how long it will last, but it should normally last at least a couple of years.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks