Relocating baseboard heater (forced hot water)

Users who are viewing this thread

tbeau

Reaction score
I need to relocate my forced hot water baseboard heater to another area of my living room. The area is fairly close by, just need enough space to put in a sliding glass door. How difficult is this for a do it yourself project and what are some of the steps/items etc. that I need in order to do this successfully?

JDkimes

Engineer
Reaction score
Not familiar w/ that but doesn't seem like it's anymore difficult than other plumbing projects. Turn off the hot water, drain, add pipe length, done.
Anybody know?

Plumguy

Reaction score
jdkimes said:
Not familiar w/ that but doesn't seem like it's anymore difficult than other plumbing projects. Turn off the hot water, drain, add pipe length, done.
Anybody know?

"doesn't seem like it's anymore difficult than other plumbing projects". Now that is what scares me more than anything else, and you have hundred plus posts :confused: Are you out here as opposed to the electrical sites because of plumbing's simplicity?? :rolleyes:

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
tbabu

boilers, circ. pumps, and controls are expensive hardware. even if you got lucky you may end up with air in system. not really a diy project

PEW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind it is currently along an outside wall because it is your cold wall. About to be even colder with a door installed. You may want to consider a way to keep the heat close to the door.

Paul

Cal

In the Trades
Reaction score
Plumguy, I'm with you ! Anyone giving advice that easy about baseboard heat had better give up the ghost !

Fella,if you've never had the true "JOY" that is dealing with an old hot water heat system and moving baseboard,,,,,,,,,,,CALL A PLUMBER !!
Cal

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks