(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Relocating baseboard heater (forced hot water)

Default Relocating baseboard heater (forced hot water)

I need to relocate my forced hot water baseboard heater to another area of my living room. The area is fairly close by, just need enough space to put in a sliding glass door. How difficult is this for a do it yourself project and what are some of the steps/items etc. that I need in order to do this successfully?

Not familiar w/ that but doesn't seem like it's anymore difficult than other plumbing projects. Turn off the hot water, drain, add pipe length, done.
    Anybody know?

Quote Originally Posted by jdkimes
    Not familiar w/ that but doesn't seem like it's anymore difficult than other plumbing projects. Turn off the hot water, drain, add pipe length, done.
    Anybody know?
    "doesn't seem like it's anymore difficult than other plumbing projects". Now that is what scares me more than anything else, and you have hundred plus posts Are you out here as opposed to the electrical sites because of plumbing's simplicity??

General Contractor Carpenter toolaholic's Avatar

Default tbabu

boilers, circ. pumps, and controls are expensive hardware. even if you got lucky you may end up with air in system. not really a diy project

Found a that might help you decide whether to DIY or get a plumber
    Click here Hydronic
    Last edited by Terry; 11-25-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Keep in mind it is currently along an outside wall because it is your cold wall. About to be even colder with a door installed. You may want to consider a way to keep the heat close to the door.

Paul

Plumguy, I'm with you ! Anyone giving advice that easy about baseboard heat had better give up the ghost !

Fella,if you've never had the true "JOY" that is dealing with an old hot water heat system and moving baseboard,,,,,,,,,,,CALL A PLUMBER !!
    Cal