What is this fitting called? Need help finding a new one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
ec247047.jpg...........0000000.........

Jelly

Reaction score
Very entertaining, indeed! It always amazes me when someone goes on about "the code" as if it is a government conspiracy put in place simply to generate revenue or to infiltrate the psyche of the homeowner. That's crazy talk!

The code is there for a good reason. Those of you who know the reason don't need it spelled out for you. Someone who doesn't know the reason, could probably figure it out if they thought about it for maybe 25 seconds. :)

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

Why didn't you go to that supply house a long time ago, at least before you started posting on this and other sites looking for it. You are not concerned about codes, improper installations, future problems or anything else. The only thing you do not like is us telling you how it should be done and why you should do it that way. IF we work on something and it is not to code, but do not tell the customer or advise changing it. THEY can call the inspectors and then we could be forced to correct it FOR FREE, because we "touched it". It happened to me once. There was a copper to steel connection to a hose bibb, but I just changed the hose faucet. They called the inspector and asked if there should be a dielectric union between the two metals. He said yes, called me, and told me to change it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks