Noisy ballcock valve

Users who are viewing this thread

TruckeeTrout

Reaction score
I just replaced a 20+ year-old ballcock valve in an American Standard toilet with whatever Ace Hardware sells (Lincoln Products?). The thing is way too loud :mad: . I'd like to find either a way to quiet it down or a quieter replacement. Any suggestions?

Many thanks.

George

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The Fluidmaster valves aren't bad, but I think the Korky Quietfill valve is quieter. I put Fluidmaster valves in my old toilets, but when I remodeled, the new toilets (Toto) came with the Korky. My unprofessional opinion. I know HD carries the Fluidmaster, but haven't looked there for the Korky.

TruckeeTrout

Reaction score
Many thanks for your suggestions. Looks like another visit to Mr. Lowe's is in order. I'd turned down the supply for a slight improvement, but more would be better.

George

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks