1 GPM In 900 Feet---What To Do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upper

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Gary,there is Hydrology,and there are wells.There is not water well hydrology. Upper

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
He sells water softeners from a motor home. What more can you expect???
Hi Driller1. Girl, I guess now that you've shown up here you'll be answering posts by telling everyone to get their drilling log and contact the health department like you do in other forums. And not much else other than that I know nothing about water wells and sell water treatment equipment out of my motor home; as you have above.

I guess Sammy or someone has invited you and Upper to straighten me out. This is a great thread for you to start in, if you know anything about water well hydrology, answer the questions I asked Sammy and Upper.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
I can stop it. It is called correctly grouting the full length of the casing. Once it goes thought the earth (the best filter there is) it is aquifer water.
Grouting will prevent surface water from running down into the well on the outside of the casing, but nowhere else.

The earth is a filter!! WRONG.

Everything that gets on or in the 'dirt' of the earth, is collected like in a sponge. If it is a liquid or it can be dissolved by water, and there are few things that isn't dissolved by water, it disappears out of sight but doesn't go away except to get into the groundwater. High school kids used to know that, I'm not sure they do today though but all well drillers should know it but sadly it seems a few here don't know it.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
Gary,there is Hydrology,and there are wells.There is not water well hydrology. Upper
Ok, I see you aren't capable or willing or wanting to answer the questions.

All water wells are effected by the local water 'hydrology', and especially rock bore wells. You can prove that by understanding why the static water level fluctuates over times like a drought or high rain or snow melt. Can you explain it? Will you if you can?

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
Questions for all you licensed professional well drillers.

Maybe I shouldn't ask all this for fear someone will accuse me of embarrassing y'all but we are all big boys and girls right? I'm over 6' 4" if that matters and y'all seem to have jumped in the debate and all over me voluntarily. Does it matter if I'm typing this outside the motor home?

Do any of you know what a well head protection area is?

How about well recovery area, you know what that is?

Any ideas why no one should put anything in or on the ground around a water well that they don't want coming up in their well water at some varying time in the future? Do you think that applies to nongrouted wells only?

And why full grouting of the casing doesn't prevent that from happening?

Any one of you care to explain why we have super fund contamination sites and how the groundwater got so terribly contaminated, and why they move underground? That would be the area of contamination moving...

Y'all do know what "contamination plumes" are right? Anyone know how or why that happens?

Does any of that have to do with local hydrology and water wells in the area?

If so how since water wells have nothing to do with hydrology?

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
Yes Gary, you impress where ever you go......LOL;););)
Thank you, I do my best.

I'd like to ask you to help me out by proving me wrong in anything I say that is wrong so I don't spread incorrect info ok?

And I'll do the same, we'll make a great team. Can you maybe get a few more drillers to do the same? I mean we don't know everything right? And some don't know what they don't know, which is really bad, especially when they deny it and then get nasty and personal about it, right?

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
You bet I will!!!! The local health departments have FREE information. The information on the logs is about the well in question, again FREE. Unlike you, I know that wells are not the same. I have no need to pretend I do. Ya see, I am not trying selling anything on the forums. I notice you include a link to your web site. Why would that be???? Isn't that adversing???
Yes but all that doesn't answer many quality related questions, or provide much current info if any.

And yes, I know all wells have varying water quality, are of varying depths and contain varying volumes of water and are constructed as individual holes in the ground meant and designed to collect and store water for future use and are 'drilled' or 'pounded', mostly by licensed well drillers. I also know that most of them mistakenly think that if the water they get from a well doesn't have floaties in it, and it's clear and doesn't stink of whatever, they think the water is good, "sweet", or great. Then they pat themselves on the back and go on their way to the next well drilling job. Some play around in water treatment too and are good at it but sad to say, most aren't into it and there are many that are but no good at it.

Does Upper and you sell water treatment, other than shocking wells?

Yes here the owner appreciates the "pros" that donate a lot of time and knowledge that makes his forums very popular, and since he doesn't sell pumps, tanks and water treatment, he allows us a link to our web sites in our signature. He's done that for like forever, I've been here about 6-8 yrs. He does like all forum owners should. Plus IMO he's a great guy and isn't into micro managing 'things' as most forums do.

You can put your link in your signature by going to the the Control Panel (CP) at the top of the page. I'd really like to see your web site and I'll bet others would too. Maybe even know who you are. And Upper could do the same. It's more personal and grown up than hiding like some do.

Upper

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Mr. Slusser, Thermometer/ Climotology...There is another one..Jeeeeeeeeese Upper

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
Mr. Slusser, Thermometer/ Climotology...There is another one..Jeeeeeeeeese Upper
There is also geology and hydrology, and that's where you folks jumped on me.

You drillers say none of that has anything to do with a well, now you mention temp and climate.

So how does temperature and climate effect a well if it is fully grouted?

If you drillers don't start answering the questions with facts, it's going to make y'all look like you don't know anything about this stuff!!

And like you're all deep into denial 'cuz you're letting a non driller lowly unprofessional unlicensed in anything but motor vehicles (as I'm constantly called), water treatment dealer in a motor home put y'all to shame. Man up and answer the questions or prove me wrong if you can; I really don't want to spread incorrect info or for yous guys to do it either. (that's Philly speak not a typo)

Since you're not in the government and otherwise don't work for me, you can call me Gary, or the motor home guy. Did I tell you about the motor home? I posted a picture here the other day, we mostly carry our water with us.

So I am fully aware of the importance of time and temp in that regard but this climate stuff you brought up escapes me because at my age (and importance to her) she makes me use an umbrella, and a hat, while I'm filling the tank. I don't do that often because I usually can bribe her to do it with chocolate. Or by taking her to the Laundromat like now; she's out of clean undies and unlicensed, too.

Upper

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Sorry Mr. Slusser I thought for sure you would get the analogy.But the good thing is you just answered your own question.Nothing! Upper

Teets

CT pump guy
Reaction score
Guys I'm a pump guy and not a well driller. My question is if the well is grouted properly does soil percolation pose at any point any kind of issue. Does soil that percolates quicker have any adverse effect to the quality of the water as opposed to soil that percolates slower?

Upper

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Boy Teets,That question is sooo loaded it could go off at any time.Soil perc is what it is.Well drillers have nothing to do with quality or quanity of what is there.We do not produce we harvast... Upper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks