(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wiring In Concrete Ceiling & Covering Junction Box

Move your table ?

The consensus of opinion seems to say my project is a no no. Not sure what I will do. Maybe consult a structural engineer. Thanks, however for all those taking the time.

Plumbing Designer FloridaOrange's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by christo View Post
    The consensus of opinion seems to say my project is a no no. Not sure what I will do. Maybe consult a structural engineer. Thanks, however for all those taking the time.
    Unless you know one personally it would be cheaper to create a drop ceiling for the lowest j-box you could find. Drywall, some lumber or metal channels, nails, cornerbead and paint. Less than $100 if it's a relatively small area. This project could be accomplished nicely in a day or two at the most.
    Matt
    Semi-professional plumbing designer
    Enjoying life in SW Florida

You said in one of your posts that you understood all of the consequences. I've got to say that you don't understand the consequences or you would not be asking the question. First, condos usually mandate that licensed and bonded contractors be used for plumbing and electrical work and that the condo association approve the work before it is done. The contractor is required to pull permits for the job and that means it will have to be inspected. I know that's a lot of bother that you'd like to avoid, but you legally can't. As it has been pointed out, your idea will weaken the structure which will put you on the spot for any and all problems that arise. If and when the condo association finds out what you have done, you will meet with more attorneys than you thought existed. It doesn't matter that doing the job right will cost more money than you want to spend. You either do it right or you don't do it. You are in dangerous water, best heed the warnings.