Wobbly tap knobs

Users who are viewing this thread

Charles.Y

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Franke Retro kitchen sink for a few years which hot and cold knobs is becoming loose and wobbling. Please can someone advice what is the cause of this problem and if there is a fix/spare part to fix it.

Gardner

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Where does it wobble? knob-to-stem? stem-to-valve? does the whole faucet wobble where it is mounted? do both knobs wobble the same way?

Charles.Y

Reaction score
It wobbles where the knob joins the stem as shown (red arrows) in the picture. Yes, both knobs wobble the same way. It feels that something has got loose where the knob joins the stem, a screw/washer? Please help.

Attachments

• retro-wobble.jpg
    retro-wobble.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 251

Charles.Y

Reaction score
Guys,

Not to worry. I have just fixed the problem. I have just realised that at the top of each knob there is a cap which I have unscrewed to open it. I have then tightened up the screw which joins the stem. They now work like a dream.

I have always thought that Franke is a reliable brand and it is only my ignorance that let me down.

Thanks once again for the help.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
For screws that don't want to stay tight, you might try a drop of Permatex thread lock (the blue stuff). Don't use the red stuff, you'll have great trouble ever getting it apart. The blue stuff is designed to allow dissassembly, but red stuff is designed to be (nearly) permanent.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks