Measure twice, cut once - darn!!

Users who are viewing this thread

TheZster

Reaction score
Just finished cementing my 3" toilet drain in my basement bathroom addition. Unfortunately, during the filling/concreting, etc., I ended up with 12 1/2 from the center of the drain to the new wall studs (no drywall yet). Appears I'm going to end up with a 12 inch distance once drywall is installed. I know I need 12 1/2 from the wall - but figure it will be easier to back the wall a tad in that area than remove the new concrete.... Thoughts??? Yeah, I know - measure twice - cut once...... Darn!!

TheZster

Reaction score
slb said:
I'm not sure why you think need 12 1/2". Standard toilet rough-in is 12" from the finished wall.

-Steve

GREAT!!! I know I read 12 1/2 "somewhere" and had it in my mind as gospel. I'm much relieved --- Thanks for the prompt response and assistance. I love this web site.....

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You might have remembered the rough wall dimension - before the 1/2" drywall is applied...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks