Sink drain with insufficient slope

Users who are viewing this thread

keigwin

Reaction score
My wife and I expanded our kitchen a couple of years ago. The general was responsible for the rough and I did the finish, which included connecting the sink drain to the drain pipe. The problem I ran into was that we put in a deep sink and the plumber left the drain pipe so high that I ended up putting in a section of pipe just before the P-trap that's almost level. This 6-8 inch section has gotten completely clogged after two years, I'm guessing because there's not enough flow.

Short of ripping out the sink and putting in a shallower one, or opening up the wall behind the cabinets to modify the drain pipe, is there anything I can do to improve this?

Thanks in advance,

K-

Bob the Builder

Reaction score
Website
www.bobthebuilder.com
The best thing to do if you have no other choice is open up the wall and lower the drain. For future reference always let the plumber know what kind of sink your putting in so he can rough correctly. thumbsup.gif

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

What does "almost level" mean. Even exactly level would not normally cause a problem in that short piece, so you may have a different problem than you think you do.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks