Faucet Help

Users who are viewing this thread

xd2005

Reaction score
I have a Price Pfister faucet - 26 Series Marielle Collection. Against my better judgment today I took the hose off the diverter T that comes from the control valve.

Now, after putting it back on, the thing leaks and I can't for the life of me get it to stop (it did not leak prior to this). It seems simple, I know, you just push the thing on, but doesn't seem to work that easily. I've taken a look at it and the O-ring seems to be fine (I took it out and looked at it. Did not notice any nicks or other problems) and the grey plastic piece appears to be intact (no breaks or anything). I'm just at my wits end on how to get the thing to stop leaking.

I plan to get a new o-rink tomorrow and maybe some silicone grease and see if that works.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

For reference, the leaking one is horizontal. The non-leaking one towards the bottom of the picture is vertical, coming out of the bottom of the T.
faucet.jpg

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
leak

HOW did you get the "O" ring out without damaging it? IF you are inserting it all the way and it leaks, call 1-800-PFAUCET and have PP send you a new hose.

xd2005

Reaction score
The mark you see on the pipe near where it is leaking is further up the pipe, so it does not appear to be the cause.

As for how I got out the o-ring, I didn't do anything special, it just came out when I fit my pinky into the end of the pipe.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
"O" ring

1. It should have been in a recess so it should not have "just came out when I put my pinky in the pipe".
2. If your pinky fits into that pipe, you have a very tiny pinky.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks