Did I finally do it right???

Users who are viewing this thread

GMrules

Reaction score
I spoke to a local plumber ans he said that if I came ouot of the wall to a 90 horizontally and then a 90 staright up to sanitary Tee this would be considered a new combination stack and should be ok

Here is pic of I hope my last attempt. is this correct and will I finally pass code?

Thanks for ur help and pls be nice if I messed it up AGAIN :D It is straight the camera was on a angle

Attachments

• Picture 106.jpg
    Picture 106.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 429
  • Picture 110.jpg
    Picture 110.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 442

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sorry, you have an S trap. The problem is the tee in the drain line is too low. The tail piece from the P trap needs to go straight into the tee. The only solution I can see is to cut into the wall, cut the old tee out, and extend the drain pipe upward. Then add a new tee and adapter for the tail piece.

GMrules

Reaction score
The pip comes out of the wall 2" above the bottom of the cabinet so I needed to raise it up, so I put the first horizontal 90 to allow me more room to tie into the p trap. the second 90 was to raise it up.

The pipe in the wall comes in horizontal along the wall the same way as the lower pipe I have and then turns up

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

If that thing above the tee is an air admittance valve it will work, but so would coming up out of the tee without going sideways first. And just doing what you did, does not make it a combination waste and vent system. To do that would require pipe size changes and other revisions which would have been economically impractical for you.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
the AAV is supposed to be as high as possible...that one is to low...The whole thing is wrong but will probably work for a while...just doen't ever try and snake it...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks