danze faucets

Users who are viewing this thread

pbabin

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with the quality of Danze faucets? We are considering using them for a bathroom remodel.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I believe they are rated very good quality. BUT, do you know if they use standard supply fittings? Has your plumber had any experience installing this brand, or are you the training platform? Do you have any idea if or where you can get the parts for eventual repair?

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
Your special faucets

I am sure they will work fine untill

repairs are needed for them in a few years...

and you cant get parts or find someone willing to

risk knicking and scratching the finish up on the faucet to

make those repairs.

thats when you will wish you have just installed

a Delta faucet from their more expensive high end lines

that they offer...

ask around some more before you order them

RioHyde

Plumber
Reaction score
I've installed quite a few Danze faucets and have been impressed with the quality and the styling of their line. One of the plumbing supply houses I use here in Cincinnati stocks Danze parts and if they dont happen to have exactly what is needed, can get it in short order. Check around to see if repair parts can be readily accessed in your part of the world.

Good luck

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
roy hide , where are they made anyway??

Sound like they are more "artsy fartsy" than the Grohe line....

I am sure that they are ok, but

Getting parts in a "timely manner" is all I worry about, I simply cant

afford to make the repairs of a faucet into a two week ordeal...

waiting for parts to be fed-exxed into town, ect....

hopeing that you actually got the right parts ect ,, and they work...

Customers "squeal like pigs" when you charge them for

"time and material" I have heard that squeal many times....

It actually more like a "whine"
when they have the bill handed to them...

pbabin

Reaction score
Thanks, guy. I hadn't thought about the long-term maintenance/ repair problem that might occur if the company goes out of business or something. That's enough to make me reconsider. Thanks again. Your forum is awesome.

PaulHG

Reaction score
I had posted a similar question about Danze quality - but it was at the end of a long thread.
Glad to hear at least SOME good comments - because I broke down and ordered one - 500265
Three handle pressure balanced - because Delta and Price Pfister (I had been told by their customer support people) had discontinued their similar products.
Anyway --
Wish me luck.
As for long term -
I'm 53 with a history of heart attacks and a triple bypass and 7 stents.
I don't even buy green bananas :)

PaulHG

Reaction score
Quote stolen from James Garner when asked by Disney if he would consider doing voiceover for a project scheduled in 5 years.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Danze is a subsidiary of that world-famous Chinese faucet company, Globe Union Industrial Corp. Other brands under the Globe Union umbrella include Gerber ( this may be a shock to some plumbers!) and of course the HD house brands Glacier Bay and Pegasus.

Dubldare

Plumber/Gasfitter
Reaction score
Yeah, Danze ranks right up there with the Pro-Flow crap that Ferguson also sells.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Interesting for the China connection. I was in China about 25 years ago...brand new hotel, not actually completely finished. The chrome was peeling off of the faucets, the place had settled enough so that the doors were hard to close, and they were lucky they could keep one elevator running.

My brother-in-law is a mechanical engineer, used to work for Kodak. Kept getting calls from China (they were building a plant there) about the cement anchors of the building kept breaking. Couldn't figure it out until it dawned on them that they were casting the anchors out of cement, and wondered why the nut was breaking when they tried to tighten it down...

Nails I bought from HD (made in China) seem to have about 1 in 4 heads fall off when pounding them in (worst with roofing nails). Great quality control. And we have a huge trade deficit with them...quality costs.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Those Danze faucets appear to be high end but I never took one apart to know their inner workings. They are made to accept granite tops (long shank with odd clamps) and are heavy faucets like Kohler.

I was installing quite a few of these from a supply house that was sending me calls but I refused to buy from them; can't wait 20 to 30 minutes every time I need parts. Screw em. :eek: :D

RioHyde, where is that supply house you speak of that keeps parts? Kiedel?

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
dubldare said:
Yeah, Danze ranks right up there with the Pro-Flow crap that Ferguson also sells.

I hate Ferguson.

Always 10-30% higher than everyone else on everything.

Quoted me $341.00 for 100' 3/4" K copper

The other 2 quotes were between 221.00 and 231.00

Cal

In the Trades
Reaction score
I get ALL the danze stuff i want two blocks from my house. Thomas Somerville stocks all that right here in No. Va.

Haven't used much of it. It is solid and priced right along with Moen & Delta,however has the million parts like Kohler,,,,,can't STAND that.

Cal

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks