Low water pressure on a common house well

Users who are viewing this thread

JamisonSmith

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a quick question before I call in a plumber. We have a 2 year old home so the well is only 3-4years old at most. The builder also built the adjacent duplex and due to easements had to drill a common well for all 3 properties. The water pressure has always been low and despite complaints to the builder, nothing had changed. I went and looked in the well basin and it is the following: line from well->pressure switch->2 ~3ft tall pressure tanks->common line coming from pressure tanks with 3 lines coming off with shut-down valves on each one.
I am interested in increasing the pressure from the well if possible. I have talked with the neighbors and their water pressure is very low as well so it is not a plugged line to my house.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Jamison

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
It may be that all you have to do is turn up the pressure switch. What pressure does the pump start and stop, 30/50, 40/60? It also maybe that the cycling on and off is what is causing the low pressure. Three house on two small tanks, you need a Cycle Stop Valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks