This forum is great; I have learned so much here today!
After reading the posts here, we have decided on the Toto UltraMax II, which seems to be the Gwyneth renamed. So I now am searching for the best Washlet, and I am hoping folks here can help.
First, let me say that an elongated toilet was a must. I did look at the Neorest 600, (our only option because of the elongated bowl) but it was just too expensive. So I am hoping a good washlet will do a comparable job. However, having never used one, I guess I should ask a few questions first. Please forgive the language on these questions. I feel like I am in grade-school potty-talk mode. <sigh>
How realistic is it that a washlet will really clean everything, um, out? How about when things are especially, well, messy, thick, and sticky? Yuck.
I've seen the pictures of the stream coming out of these things and it looks to be rather wimpy. Can a Washlet get some high-pressure spray up there to truly get that cleaning job done? Seriously?
And what about sanitation? Can't the, er, gunk that falls down on that little sprayer cause germs to be passed from one to another? More Yuck.
Ok, I am done with the embarrassing questions. At least for now.
As far as features, it seems these would be required (in order of importance):
- High Pressure Wash. I'm thinking something like the pressure wand at the coin-operated car wash.
- Heated water. We are on well water that comes from 300 ft down. Talk about cold.
- Fits the UltraMax II well
- Remote Control. I don't like the idea of the push buttons being so close to the mess.
- Auto open and close is NOT required; neither is air dry or deodorizer.
- Plumbing and electrical issues are not a problem. This is for new construction, so we can put what we need wherever.
All advice appreciated.
Phew! Glad this post is over
Most of the bidet seats are fairly similar in cleaning.
After use, the wand retracts under a stream of water.
They are self cleaning.
80% of homes in Japan have these.
The best color match to the Toto Cotton White will be a Toto washlet.
The models with the wireless remote start with the E200, and then the S300
Any brand of elongated bidet seat or washlet will drop right onto the Gwyneth or Ultramax II.
Any bidet seat with remote, will also have air dry.
Not all have the deodorizers.
I do sell a lot of the Biobidet 1000 with remote.