Old error biting my behind

Users who are viewing this thread

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
:eek: My old bathroom antique brass Delta faucet was getting shabby looking and no longer matched the new chrome tub and shower fixtures so when it started to drip, I determined that rather than the easy cartridge fix, I'd just get a new fixture. Got in to the job yesterday thinking maybe 1/2 hour or so. Heck, it took that long to unload the "stuff" we had stored in the vanity. Then I received a shock. The drain in the wall and the basin didn't line up and when the original install was done (by me) I hacked together an S trap. So, knowing better than that now, I set out to straighten the problem out. Now, several hours into that 1/2 hour job, I have determined that I need to do some fairly serious modifications. The faucet? Oh yes, it install easily by the numbers. Now if I just hadn't been paying attention to the forum and hadn't learned about S traps...:D

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Where the heck were you 20 years ago when I did this! Just finished the project after 7 trips to the hardware store. Thank God Ace is just 3 blocks away. And in the words of Larry the Cable Guy, I "got'ter done", the mess is cleaned up, and the tools are put away.:)

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I should have known someone would call me to prove my job was done properly this time.:) I'll try to post a picture or two, but I'll have to learn how first. Yeah, FloridaOrange, knowledge is a B, and ignorance is bliss. The more you learn, the more you realize how ignorant you are.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks