Ball valve replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

matty

Reaction score
Let's start by saying I am quite the plumbing novice. I have a cracked Ball valve on my sprinkler system that needs to be removed and replaced. I have tried to torch the valve and break the soldered connection to no avail, Suggestions?

Attachments

• 0518091134-00.jpg
    0518091134-00.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 1,227
Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You would want to cut the plastic pipe to make sure there is not even one drop of water inside the valve you are trying to head.

Bigger torch, FD standing by;

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
Where is your backflow preventer? You ain't legal without one of those, and your home is unsaleable with major code violations.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I suggest you contact a lawn sprinkler installation company. There are at least 3 problems I see. First, the valve is not a frost free, second, there is no backflow preventor, and third, you absolutely can not heat a joint enough to melt solder if there is any, repeat ANY water even close. You are risking your family's health with this hacked hook up.

matty

Reaction score
Valve replaced, back flow protector installed, thanks for the advice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks