One more for the guys who drill the holes

Users who are viewing this thread

Rutherfordman

DIY Member
Reaction score
I have a new large (3500 acre) development being built around three sides of me. I am at the highest point in elevation to all this along with my well. They have drilled two wells at the base of the mountain which are producing 100 gpm+ each (or so that is their story). They are wanting to feed this development of upscale homes, fitness center, clubhouse, pools, golf course, etc. from local well water. Right now they are in the process of getting state approval as originally they were to extend city mains to the site. Here in western North Carolina from what I am told you basically drill in hopes of intersecting a fracture with water to supply your needs. There is no real aquifer to speak of. Not far from me there are two 25 gpm wells within 5 feet of each other and a 3rd dry hole within 5 feet of these. That is wild how 5 feet of rock can make a real difference. Anyway I am wondering if with this type of geology I should worry about my well going dry down the road since I hold the high ground (maybe good military sense but not so good for wells) . The good thing is the wells (for now) are probably at least 2 miles from my house. My well is a low producer, 3 gpm-800 feet deep and I have seen fluctuations in the well level during drought. I have been told they may not ever effect me since my fracture may not be connected to theirs but also know this development will have a tremendous water need. I am wondering if any well drillers out there have any experience with this.

Speedbump

Reaction score
It all depends on the underground geology. I'm not sure anybody can answer that question, unless similar things have been tried in the past. The local drillers would probably be the best ones to answer your question. They have the history.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks