alternatrive pump

Users who are viewing this thread

fixmaster

Reaction score
I hope somebody here can help me. I have been searching for an answer for a very long time.

I have a six inch well with a submersible pump. We are a family who like to prepare and be ready for all sorts of crises. One of the biggest things around here is loosing power often and for long periods of time. We store water as best we can but it would be nice to be able to use a well. I was thinking on adding a 12 volt pump to the incoming water line coming frown the well. not sure if that would work. would the twelve volt pump be able to drew water threw rthe stalled pump? Or would we have to hire a installer to open up our well and submerse a new in well 12 volt pump. The pump we would like to use is http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_527_527 a friend recommended it because he runs his off grid house off of it. Is it possible to do what I want to do? Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

Speedbump

Reaction score
Those are great little pumps for pressurizing a small trailer or RV. They do not lift very far. Your submersible may be hanging 40 feet in the well or 400 feet depending on your water level. No vacuum pump can lift water more than 25 feet vertically. That is your problem. A Hand Pump might work if you had a pitless adaptor and you could get a 2" cylinder by it. But it's a manual pump not electric.

bob...

Last edited by a moderator:

Waterwelldude

Well driller,pump repair. and septic installer
Reaction score
We have similar problems here, with storms and such.
Most of the ones I know of, have started using large poly tanks. Any where from 1000gal to 3500gal.
From there a small 12vdc pump can be used. Its not going to give the same pressure or volume you are used to. But you will have water, to flush or take a quick shower. It may be something you could look into.

Travis

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks